Do you like helping people? Are you a stickler for details? Do you consider yourself a “multi-tasker"? Do you know how to give exceptional customer service? Do you enjoy working in a support role? How about working in a professional, upscale environment? If you answered yes to these questions then the Senior Escrow Assistant position in our San Diego office may be just what you’re looking for!
As the Senior Escrow Assistant you will help in areas that are essential to keeping the branch escrow closings moving smoothly through the escrow process. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who already has an escrow background and experience in the escrow field.
Perform the day-to-day tasks that are essential to keeping the branch and escrows in process running smoothly. May also serve as back up to other positions and projects as needed.
- Order demands, HOA documents, and hazard insurance along with reviewing for accuracy.
- Verify termite reports, loan documents, check endorsements for correctness.
- Prepare estimated closing statements and proofread simple amendments.
- Obtain title charges, payoff figures and verify funding figures are complete.
- Read Lender’s instructions. Review all loan documents to make sure they are correct.
- Confidentially and efficiently complete Buyer/Borrower sign up appointment.
- Send out appropriate closing documents to appropriate parties.
- Process refund checks
- What does it take to succeed?
• Proven track record of successfully working on complex refinances and resale escrow transactions from start to finish with minimal supervision
• Exemplary customer service
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with a focus on details to ensure accuracy
• Self-motivation and a burning desire to produce the very best results
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to explain complex financial data in an understandable way
- Is there anything else I need to know?
• Must have a minimum of high school diploma and relevant experience
• Minimum one year of experience as a senior escrow assistant
• Proficient with computer business applications (MS office, etc.)
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
We offer our full-time employees a full benefit package that includes: medical, dental and vision, as well as Heath Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Merrill Lynch 401(k) Plan, company paid long-term disability, paid time-off (PTO) and holiday pay, paid volunteer day and employee assistance program.