Pickford Escrow, one of the largest full-service escrow companies in California and a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, is looking for an Escrow Officer Floater to join our team in San Diego. The successful candidate will be someone highly motivated to grow with our built-in business while delivering the highest level of professional customer service to our clients. This individual will be traveling to our escrow offices in the San Diego County area.
As an Escrow Officer Floater for our team, you not only have access to our world-class programs, support and services, but also the backing of our nationally renowned name. A career with Pickford Escrow affords many benefits including stability, reputation, career growth, and excellent compensation and benefits packages. In addition, you do not need a prior book of business to have a successful jump-start into the role!
The Escrow Officer Floater fills in for other Officers and Managers while out, working on the absent officer’s desk. If you are a strong team player and are able to multi-task as you work to solve problems and promote efficiencies between you, your team and your clients, this may be a great opportunity.
- Oversee all aspects of a closing: Receive and review all new contracts, prepare estimated closing statements for buyer and seller, prepare file for signing, monitor the closing, audit escrow file.
- Respond in a timely, professional and courteous manner to any customer inquiries.
- Request that all necessary information has been ordered and is accurate, i.e. payoff, abstract, title evidence, reports, mortgage documentation, and other pertinent information and review for completeness and compliance.
- Ensure that title issues are resolved prior to closing.
- Prepare and submit closed loan package, deposits and disbursement documentation, recording package, final policy package and/or commission package to appropriate department or entities.
- Prepare Settlement Statements and other required miscellaneous documents.
- Mentor new employees and supervise direct assistants.
- Actively seek new business by attending sales meetings, real estate company events, company escrow meetings, company management meetings, and interact with lending and banking.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as an Escrow Officer.
- A proven track record of successfully coordinating complex refinances and resale escrow transactions from start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills; must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge in RBJ software a plus.
- Superior communication skills, including presentation skills. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently under pressure.
- Ability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month. A high degree of integrity, self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, and a strong aptitude for figures.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills.
- Will require approval from the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI).
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation and a burning desire to be the very best!
- Must be willing and able to travel within San Diego County with very little notice.
Actual wage is based upon education and experience.
Benefits package may include: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, EAP, 401K with employer match, Flexible Spending Account, PTO.
San Diego, CA